Perfect for brunch or meal prep! These Keto Pizza Egg Sausage Cups are so easy and so good!
- 1 pound Butcher Box Ground Breakfast Sausage (for nightshade free) or Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/4 cup Marinara Sauce (I used the nightshade free recipe from Made Whole)
- 12 small eggs ( or 12 yolks only if you have large eggs)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes (or parmesan cheese for those who can eat dairy)
- 1 teaspoon Italian Herb Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt, divided
- minced chives
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Divide the sausage into 12 small balls, one for each mold in the muffin tin. Press it down then use a small bottle, like a spice bottle to press it in and make a cup. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven (drain fluid if needed). Spoon 1 teaspoon of marinara in each sausage cup, then put the egg yolks or in each cup or crack the small eggs into them (it is okay if it spills over). Sprinkle with remaining salt, nutritional yeast and the herb seasoning over the eggs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until eggs are done. The outer eggs will cook through and the inner cups will stay jammy! Just make sure the whites no longer jiggle. It’s perfect for a crowd that has varied egg preferences.
- Use a spatula to unmold the egg cups once they have cooled off a bit. Garnish with chives, add more salt to taste and drizzles of marinara… and dig in!
Read the recipe post for tips for success!
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 468.3
- Fat: 40g
- Carbohydrates: 3.3g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 23.1g
Keywords: pizza egg sausage cups