Loaded you say? LOADED. This shaved brussels sprouts salad isn’t your run of the mill salad. You know that crunchy broccoli salad from Whole Foods with cashews and whatnot that tastes like heaven but is full of crap ingredients?
Well, it doesn’t hold a candle to this loaded spring salad: a crunchy, sweet, tangy, creamy pile of goodness. An ode to the reopening of Farmer’s Markets! This salad is full of delicious produce.
The piece de resistance of this recipe comes in the form of BALSAMIC CANDIED CASHEWS AND STRAWBERRIES! Yes, you read that right! And take note, this RIDICULOUSLY good concoction will be making an appearance in my book in the form of another recipe!
Whole raw cashews and fresh berries roasted with citrus zest, balsamic vinegar, and salt for a brittle experience that will change your life. This loaded spring salad is sure to turn heads!
This Loaded Spring Salad is Simple!
Yup! I like taking basic recipe concepts and throwing in a curveball. Grab a bag of shredded brussel sprouts or chopped up broccoli florets. Some avocado oil mayo, mustard and you’ve got a stunna of a side dish! Enjoy!
Looking for more free recipes?
This crunchy brussel sprout salad is loaded with lovely spring produce! The perfect snack or side dish on a warm day.
- 3/4 cup whole, raw large cashews
- 8 large, ripe strawberries (about 1 cup), halved
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 cups shredded brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 6 tablespoons avocado oil mayo
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (or grated parmesan)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Cut your strawberries in half and put them on the sheet pan with the cashews.
- Pour the balsamic and aminos over them and toss to combine then spread them out flat in one layer. Sprinkle with salt and lemon zest. Roast for 20-30 minutes, depending on how hot your oven runs. Watch them for color, reference the image in the post. Remove from the oven and allow the nuts and berries to cool to room temperature.
- Break up the nuts, they will be like bittle. Spoon the tender berries in to a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss well to combine until creamy and evenly mixed. Taste and add more salt if needed! Enjoy!
To make this salad KETO use MACADAMIA NUTS INSTEAD OF CASHEWS! The bulk of the carbs actually come from cashews, which are pretty starchy for a nut 🙂 Well they’re actually a drupe not a nut.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 256.1
- Fat: 22g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 5.9g
Keywords: Loaded Spring Salad