The best source of Omega-3 in a delicious recipe!
- 2 cans Wild Planet Wild Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Lemon
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fine garlic powder
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons lard or ghee
- 1 tablespoon Spicy Brown or Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, sliced
- Fresh dill for garnish Pickled veggies (optional)
- Open the cans and drain the oil out into a measuring cup.
- Crumble the sardines into a medium bowl and add the onion, dill, salt, garlic, and egg. Mix well and shape 6-8 small patties.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat.
- Melt the lard. When it comes to temperature, fry the patties for 3 minutes a side. Remove from the heat.
- Use an immersion blender or a frother to mix the drained olive oil from the cans with coconut aminos, mustard, and black pepper. More salt to taste.
- Put two patties on each romaine leaf with avocado, and garnish. Drizzle the sauce over the sardine patties and dig in.
- If you’re a mayo lover, I highly recommend using Chosen Foods Wasabi Mayo or my Cilantro aioli on these bad boys too! Fish cakes and mayo just go together!
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 582
- Fat: 47g
- Carbohydrates: 12.9g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Protein: 29.8g
Keywords: crispy sardine cakes