Healthy Tuna Noodle Casserole!
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 cans Safe Catch Albacore Tuna, in water
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 large cremini mushrooms
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2–3 tbsp paleo mayo (Primal Kitchen or Homemade, search one minute mayo for my recipe)
- 1 broccoli crown
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts, or cashews)
- 2/3 cup cashew cream (see text above for details)
- First, make sure you have your mayo and cashew cream ready!
- Pre-heat your oven to 325F.
- Zoodle your zucchini. Lay the zoodles flat on a clean kitchen towel and sprinkle with salt. Let them rest here to they release liquid while you prep the rest.
- Mince onion and garlic, add in to the casserole dish.
- Thinly slice mushrooms and add them to the dish too.
- Open and drain tuna cans, flake the tuna into the casserole dish.
- Add in the salt, pepper, 1 tbsp mayo, mustard, lemon juice and rosemary.
- Mix well.
- Wrap the kitchen towel around the zucchini and squeeze the water out.
- Add the zoodles to the casserole dish and toss to combine.
- Pour in the cashew cream. Gently Mix.
- Cut your broccoli crown into florets and mince them into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Toss with chopped pecans in a bowl and mix with remaining mayo.
- Spread this mix over the top of the casserole.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- It will be toasty on top and creamy inside! Make sure to use a knife to cut your pieces before serving or your zoodles will pull out the whole thing!
- Nutrition Info, per serving: Calories: 272 Fat: 20.7 Grams Carbs: 8.1 Grams Protein: 14.6 Grams
Keywords: Keto Tuna Noodle Casserole