Fast and easy healthy recipe! The perfect whole foods keto meal, made in 15 minutes!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, for frying
- 5 fully cooked, pork bratwurst
- 1 pound brussel sprouts
- 1 large sweet onion
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons pastured gelatin
You will need:
- Two large skillets
- Cutting board
- Small bowl
- Heat two large skillets over medium heat.
- While they come to temperature slice your bratwurst into thin slices, small dice the onion and shred the brussel sprouts (if not using pre-shredded).
- Add coconut oil to one skillet and the avocado oil to another. Let the coconut oil heat for another minute or so. In the meantime, add the diced onion to the avocado oil skillet and saute for 2 minutes then add in the brussel sprouts.
- Add the bratwurst to the coconut oil and fry, stirring occasionally for 8-10 minutes. Simultaneously saute the onion and brussel sprouts until they are browned and tender. Mix in the salt and garlic powder to the brussel sprouts.
- In the small bowl combine the coconut aminos, vinegar and fish sauce, then add 2 tablespoons of gelatin on top and let it bloom. (Blooming gelatin: let it rest until the liquid has become a solid gel mass).
- Lower the heat on the brussel sprouts and mix in the gelled sauce mass to the veggie mix. It will melt and create a thick glaze sauce. Remove from heat.
- Turn off the heat on the bratwurst skillet. Use a slotted spoon to remove the crispy bratwurst from the coconut oil. Serve together right away. Great with some mustard on top!
To make this dish AIP: use AIP compliant bratwurst
To make this dish Whole30: use Whole30 compliant bratwurst
Time Saving Tip: Buy a bag of shredded brussel sprouts instead of slicing them yourself!
- Serving Size: 1/5 recipe
- Calories: 522
- Fat: 46g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: crispy bratwurst and glazed brussel sprouts