A delicious, crispy, tangy and sweet one skillet meal that is total comfort food while still being super healthy and hearty!
- 1 pound of ground breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat
- 2 cups carrot, turnip or kohlrabi noodles
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 sprigs thyme
- a squeeze of lemon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- Seedy or spicy mustard
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat (for about 5 minutes).
- Add the sausage by crumbling it up in to the pan. Cook, stirring often until the sausage is browned.
- Add in bacon fat and veggie noodles. Stir well then let it cook undisturbed for 4 minutes.
- Scrape from the bottom of the skillet and turn the noodle and pork mixture with a large spatula and cook, undisturbed, another 4 minutes.
- Add in salt, thyme, lemon, garlic. Stir well, and cover. Cook another 3-4 minutes.
- Open, scrape and mix.
- Serve and garnish with fresh arugula and mustard!
*Macros will vary depending on what noodles and sausage you use!
*For AIP get black pepper and nightshade free sausage, for Whole30 use sweetener free sausage*
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 697
- Fat: 52g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 40g
Keywords: sausage skillet