Keto noodle bowl, squeaky clean. AIP teriyaki and Whole30 friendly, read the post above!
- 2 pounds ground beef 85% lean
- 1inch nub fresh ginger, peeled and zested
- 1 heaping teaspoon grated citrus zest (I used orange and lime)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, more to garnish
- Half a ripe hass avocado
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil, more as needed
- 1/3 cup bone broth
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup coconut aminos, divided
- 1 scoop gelatin
- 4 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 5 cloves garlic sliced
- 4 large eggs
- 4 bags shirataki noodles or veggie noodles like zoodles for Whole30
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl mix together, the ground beef with the rest of the meatball ingredients until well combined, the avocado should be completely mixed in with only traces of green specks in the meat, no chunks left. Shape 12 large meatballs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When it comes to temperature add 2 tablespoons of avocado oil to the skillet and brown 6 meatballs at a time, 2 minutes a side, then transfer to a sheet pan. Repeat with the remaining meatballs and then put them in the oven.
- Bring a small sauce pot full of water to a boil. Put the 4 large eggs, gently in the pot. Boil for 7 minutes, then drain the water and add ice to the eggs, set aside.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts on a sheet pan with 2 tablespoons of avocado oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Spread them out flat over the sheet pan and pop in the oven- middle rack.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the oven for 10-15 minutes until the sauce and noodles are ready.
- In the same saucepot where you boiled the eggs heat the bone broth with the fish sauce, red wine vinegar, and 2 tablespoons coconut aminos. Bring to a boil and reduce for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 scoop gelatin to the remaining coconut aminos and let it sit until it gels up solid. In the meantime, drain and rinse your noodles and submerge them in cool water. Set aside.
- Heat the skillet where the meatballs were browned and add a little extra avocado oil. Then add in the sliced garlic and fry until golden. Remove from the skillet.
- Drain the noodles, add to the skillet, sprinkle with salt, and sauté in the garlic-infused fat for a few minutes while you finish the sauce. They will coat in the fat and get brown and yummy!
- Remove the bone broth reduction from the heat, scoop in the solid coconut amino-gelatin mass and whisk into broth until smooth and thick. Set aside.
- Remove the toasty Brussels sprouts and cooked meatballs from the oven.
- Assemble your bowls: divide the noodles in between 4 large bowls, then the Brussels sprouts. Add 3 meatballs to each bowl. Garnish with fried garlic, minced cilantro. Peel the eggs and halve them. Add ½ -1 egg to each bowl. Spoon thick teriyaki sauce generously over each bowl and dig in!!
- The recipe is best with 3 meatballs per person. There will be leftover meat and leftover sauce. However, if you divide the entire recipe by 4… the macros are as listed.
- The macros include ALL THE MEATBALLS AND ALL THE SAUCE.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 821
- Fat: 56g
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Fiber: 7.8g
- Protein: 53g
Keywords: aip teriyaki