For the turkey burgers
- 2 pounds ground turkey, dark meat
- 1 lemon, grated zest
- 2 sprigs rosemary needles
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat, lard or ghee
- 1 large egg or 1 flax egg
For the vegetables
- 1 bunch dino kale, chopped
- 1 pound brussles, quartered
- ½ onion sliced
- 2 tbsp avo
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F. Make sure you have on rack in the center and one on the bottom.
- In a large bowl combine all of the turkey burger ingredients. Mix well and shape 5-6 large turkey burgers. Place on an oiled sheet pan and set in the oven, middle rack. Set timer for 30 minutes.
- Wash hands. On the second sheet pan combine all of the sliced and diced vegetables. Toss with avocado oil and seasonings using hands to massage the oil into the veggies.
- Spread them out evenly over the sheet pan then place in the oven, bottom rack.
- When the timer goes off. Remove everything from the oven!
- Serve hot. Store leftovers in tupperware in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 5