A delicious, dairy free, keto paleo casserole that is AIP friendly and Whole30 compliant!
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons fine salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds skirt steak, cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cu bone broth
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour (or other paleo flour)
- Arugula (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Toss the cauliflower florets, thyme, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons oil together in a large skillet or casserole dish. Then spread the florets out so they’re not crowded.
- Roast for 25 minutes, until the cauliflower looks toasty.
- In the meantime, combine the bone broth, coconut cream, nutritional yeast, Dijon, pink of salt and pepper and coconut flour together to make a thick yellow sauce.
- When the 25 minutes are up, open the oven, use a spatula to scrape up the cauliflower florets and give them a stir Remove the thyme sprigs, then pour the cheese sauce all over them. Close the oven.
- Heat a large skillet on high heat. Toss the steak strips with 1 teaspoons salt, coconut aminos, and red wine vinegar. When the skillet is hot, remove the steak from the marinade.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet and add in the steak. Cook, sautéing on high for 3-5 minutes until browned. Add in the marinade and let it come to a quick boil.
- Open the oven and add the steak to the casserole. Use tongs to distribute it all over the top.
- Set the oven to broil, 500F. Broil for 10-15 minutes until the steak is browned and very crispy!
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh arugula! Serve, share enjoy!
- Serving Size: 3