The best “nacho” type food you will ever eat!
- 4 slices sugar free bacon
- 1 teaspoon fine salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 pound pastured skirt steak or flap meat
- 1 small delicata squash (about 6 inches long)
- 1 ripe hass avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- More cilantro
- Pickled red onions
- Diced Strawberries
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon to the skillet while it heats. Cook about 5-7 minutes per side until very crispy. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Score your steak on once side in shallow cuts creating a grid like pattern.
- Sprinkle all over with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano.
- Cook on the hot skillet, in the bacon grease for 4 minutes a side. Do no move once you put it down, you want it to get a nice char.
- While the steak cooks, slice your squash into 1/4 inch thick slices. Run the knife around the inside of the rings to seed.
- When the steak is done remove it from the skillet and add the squash, in one even layer to it. Cook 3 minutes a side until they are toasty! Cook 6-8 at a time, to not crowd the skillet.
- While the squash cooks combine the avocado, garlic, lemon juice, cilantro, 1/2 a teaspoon salt and coconut cream in a blender of food processor. Pulse until a light green, almost smooth sauce forms. Use a spatula to gather it together.
- Then the squash is done, layer it all over a large plate. Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Use a big scoop to shape a mound of avocado crema. Then slice you steak into very thin slices and put it next to the crema.
- Chop up the bacon and sprinkle it all over. Add remaining garnishes! Dig in!
- You can use your hands if you’re into messy meals! But no one will judge you if you use flat wear!
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 382
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 31g
Keywords: Steak Nachos