Delicious, nut free, Whole30 and keto salmon cakes!
- 2 cans wild caught salmon 12oz
- 3 sprigs minced cilantro, fresh
- 3 sprigs minced oregano, fresh
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon fine salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons duck fat or lard for frying
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Open and drain the cans of salmon, crumble the salmon in to a large bowl.
- Add in the minced herbs, lemon zest and juice, cumin, pepper, onion, salt and olive oil. Mix well.
- Mix in the eggs and then the flax meal.
- Shape 6 even patties.
- Cook as many as will fit in the skillet without over crowding, usually 4, at a time.
- Cook for 4 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat set on a cooling rack to drain or paper lined plate.
- Cook the remaining salmon cakes and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Heat in the toaster oven or in a skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- For 5 patties, per patty:For 5, per cake: Calories 223, Fat 16g, Carbs 4, Fiber 2, Protein 17g
- Serving Size: 1 cake
- Calories: 223
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 17g
Keywords: crispy salmon cakes