Cinnamon and sweet soft snickerdoodle cookies that are gluten free and low carb!
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons erythritol (maple or coconut sugar for paleo)
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, coconut oil or ghee, softened
- 1/3 cup + 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of fine Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon gelatin or agar agar gum (optional)
- 2 tablespoons ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until frothy with a fork or wire whisk. Add the vanilla extract, 1/3 cup granulated sweetener, and butter and whisk until well combined.
- Add the coconut flour, baking soda, gelatin, and salt to the wet ingredients. Using a rubber spatula, mix the ingredients together until a dough forms.
- Using a 4CM cookie scoop or teaspoon make the cookies on the lined sheet pan.
- The recipe makes 18. Using the palm of your hand, gently flatten the balls so they are about ½ inch thick.
- Combine the cinnamon, nutmeg, and 2 tablespoons sweetener and dust the cookies with it. You can sprinkle it on or use a fine-mesh sieve to dust it on. Alternatively, you can roll the cookie balls in the cinnamon mix before putting them on the cookie sheet and flattening them.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool to room temperature on the baking sheet before handling.
- The more they cool, the chewier they will be. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 44
- Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: nut free snickerdoodle cookies