A beautiful egg free bacon wrapped meatloaf!
- ½ large red onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½– 2 pounds ground beef 85% lean
- 1/2 tablespoon fine Himalayan salt (1 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard seed
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ pound bacon, 7-8 slices
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the onion, garlic, beef and all of the seasonings in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Add in the flax meal, red wine vinegar, and avocado oil, mix again until thoroughly combined.
- Shape the meat into a log on the sheet pan about 8 inches long and 3-4 inches tall. Move it to the side. Lay your bacon slices down on the center of the sheet pan, line them up so they overlap one an another ¼ of an inch.
- Lay the meatloaf log in the center of the bacon then starting at the same end where you finished laying the bacon, bring the bacon slices up, wrapping the meatloaf in them, creating a seam at the top. Make sure you’re wrapping it tightly.
- Quickly flip it over to the bacon seam is on the bottom. Fix your bacon slices if you need to, make sure there are no gaps in it.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until the bacon is browned and crispy. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Slice the meatloaf in slices the width of the bacon slices. Serve right away.
- Store leftover in an airtight container for up to a week. Heat the slices in a skillet over medium heat until warm.
- Substitutions: If you can’t do flaxseed you may omit it and use 1 large egg. To make this AIP, omit the ground mustard, black pepper, and flax seed. Add in 1 teaspoon ground ginger instead and use 1 teaspoon of coconut flour.
- Serving Size: 6
- Calories: 354
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 2.5g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Protein: 23.9g
Keywords: egg free meatloaf