Easy Muffin Quiche!
For The Crust
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4–5 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/4 cup softened butter or ghee
- 1–3 tablespoons ice cold water
For The Filling
- 4 slices sugar free bacon, diced
- 2 cups rainbow vegetable slaw
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4–1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp dried herbs
- coconut oil or olive oil spray
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- In a large skillet cook the bacon over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until crispy.
- Use tongs or a slotted spoon to remove the crispy bacon from the skillet leaving the fat behind. Set the bacon on a plate to cool and add in the vegetable slaw. Cook here, covered, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle half of the salt in to the veggies.
- While those cook, mix together the coconut flour and flax meal in a small bowl. Add in the butter or ghee and use your finger tips to break up the butter until a crumbly dough forms. Add in the water one tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together and you can form a large ball with it. Cover and place it in the fridge.
- The veggies should be done by now. Remove them from the skillet and add them to the plate with the bacon to cool off. Turn off the stove.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, seasoning and coconut milk. Add in the nutritional yeast and whisk until well combined, but not too frothy.
- Line your muffin tin with muffin liners. Lightly spray with oil.
- Grab the dough from the fridge. In 1/2 inch pieces, press it down to the bottom of the muffin tins creating a little crust.
- Bake the crusts for 5 minutes.
- In this time, mix the veggies and bacon into the egg mix.
- Remove the crusts from the oven and ladle in the filling to each muffin tin, filling them 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400F or until the centers are set and they are fluffy and golden.
- Take them out of the oven, let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove the muffin liners and serve!
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 155
- Fat: 12.5g
- Carbohydrates: 4.6g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Protein: 6.6g
Keywords: keto quiche