Warning: This Keto Candy is ADDICTIVE.
- 3 tablespoons salted grass fed butter (or ghee)
- 3–4 tablespoons granulated sweetener
- 1 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 bar, 3-4 ounces, dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pot over medium-high heat and bring to a simmer.
- Add in the sweetener once tablespoon at a time and stir.
- Heat until the sweeter has dissolved or browned, whichever happens first. Some sweeteners will bubble up, that’s okay too.
- It should be almost like syrup, slightly golden in color, smells of candy and becomes smooth again. Depending on the sweetener you use the time here will vary, can take up to 10 minutes.
- Mix in the shredded coconut and quickly stir to combine it. Take it off the heat and quickly transfer in to 8×4 inch loaf pan. Flatten it to the bottom as evenly as possible. Do this fast, as the caramel cools it will become stiff.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the chopped chocolate and coconut oil if using it. Microwave in 20 second intervals, 1-2 is enough, on medium power until mostly melted. Cover for 30 seconds then stir until all the chunks are melted.
- Use a spatula to scrape it all out of the bowl and over the coconut. Spread it out evenly.
- Place the pan in the freezer for 20-30 minutes until the chocolate is completely hard.
- Use a knife or a spatula to un mold it, run it around the edges then lift it from one end, it should pop right out.
- Chocolate side up, slice it into 10 even slices.
- Enjoy! Store them in Tupperware in the fridge up to a week.
Macros (using Truvia + with 80% Ghirardeli and coconut oil) per slice
- Cal 152, Carbs 7.7, Fiber 3.1, Sugar Alcohol 3.6, Protein 1.2
Macros (using Swerve + with Lily’s and coconut oil) per slice
- Cal 165, Carbs 10, Fiber 8.7, Sugar Alcohol 3.6, Protein 1.3
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: Alcohols 3.6
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 8.7g
- Protein: 1.3g
Keywords: coconut caramel Slice