- Crispy Chicken Taco Shell
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp water
- 1 cup whole pecans
- 1 cup whole cashews
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning (Primal Palate has a good one!)
If you can’t do nightshades this is what I used
- 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp cocoa, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tsp thyme)
- Taco Fillings
- Shredded lettuce
- Sliced Avocado
- Primal Kitchen Mayo
- Pre-heat oven to 425F
- In a food processor combine the nuts and all the seasoning. Pulse until fine and crumbly. Pour out on to a plate.
- Butterfly your chicken breasts and cut in to two pieces each. You will have 4 chicken fillets.
- Lay them flat on a cutting board. Cover with parchment paper and pound to flatten. If you don’t have a kitchen mallet, use a small, heavy sauce pot. Bang, bang, bang.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, vinegar and water.
- Dredge the chicken in the egg mix then press down on each side in the nut mix.
- Place on a sheet pan. Repeat with all 4 pieces.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and carefully use toothpicks or skewers to prop your chicken pieces up at the sides so they look taco-ish.
- Bake another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Not to worry if they aren’t standing up right, as long as you can hold them in your hand you can taco.
- Fill them up with greens, avo, cilantro and mayo. Enjoy!
- Ps. This chicken is also fabulous over a salad with PK ranch!