A luscious and fresh dessert!
- 13.5 ounces full fat coconut milk (1 can)
- 2 tsp grated lime rind, divided
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 20 drops liquid stevia
- Pinch of fine Himalayan salt
- 1 stalk lemon grass, cut into 3 pieces (optional)
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Beef Gelatin
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp. granulated sweetener (I use erythitol)
- Heat a small sauce pot on medium-low heat. Pour the coconut milk into the pot and mix in half of the rind with the lime juice, vanilla extract, stevia, salt, and lemongrass stalk. Stir and let the mixture steep until the milk begins to steam.
- Remove the lemongrass. Sprinkle in Vital Proteins beef gelatin while you whisk the milk until it has fully dissolved. Remove the pot from the heat. Pour the mixture into three small ramekins through a fine mesh sieve. Refrigerate to set, about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the hemp heart crumble. Heat a small skillet on medium heat. Combine the hemp seeds, the remaining lime rind, sweetener and a pinch of salt. Stir slowly for 5-6 minutes. The seeds will begin to toast. The mix will smell sweet and like popcorn. When you can see most of the seeds are toasted, remove from heat. Use a spoon to flatten the mixture and set under a fan to cool while the pots de crème finish setting.
- When they are ready, remove from the refrigerator. Use a spoon to break up the candied hemp seeds and sprinkle over the pots de crème for a crunchy, toasty, sweet crust!
- Serve, share, enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 pot
- Calories: 368
- Fat: 33g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: key lime pots de creme