Waffle your veggies and the whole family will love it!
For Cauliflower Waffles
- 12oz riced cauliflower florets (1 bag frozen, about 1.5–2 cups grated)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt salt
- 1 scoop fermented kale powder (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp minced green onion or dried chives
For Sweet Potato Waffles
- 2 cups shredded garnet sweet potato
- The rest is the same as above!
- When making the cauliflower waffles, first place your riced cauliflower in a bowl, sprinkle with water, cover and microwave for 4 mintues. Let it cool and then transfer it to a nut milk bag or a kitchen towel and squeeze all the water out of it. Place the riced cauliflower paste that remains in a large bowl. If using sweet potato, skip this step and add it directly to the bowl.
- Add in the seasoning and kale powder. Mix well.
- Add in the eggs and whisk them in to the veggie mix.
- Lastly fold in the coconut flour until the mix becomes thick.
- Heat your waffle iron until ready. Brush with coconut oil.
- Place 1/4 cup scoop of veggie waffle mix in to each section of the iron. Press down until light turns green, then use a fork or spatula to gently lift it off. Repeat until batter is gone.
- If you’re making pancakes, cook 1/4 cup rounds on a skillet on medium high heat with coconut oil, 2 minutes per side.
- I made these two batches back to back, even used the same bowl! Cauliflower first, then the sweet potato! Up to you!
- Serving Size: 3 waffles
Keywords: savory vegetable waffles