Portobello Mushroom Lasagna!
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 portobellow mushrooms
- 2 cups cauliflower alfredo sauce (or prefered alredo sauce variation)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1lb ground lamb (or other ground beef)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt (more to taste)
- 1 tbsp dried italian herb blend (check lables)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp bacon fat (or other cooking fat)
- Olive oil
- Make sure you’ve made your alfredo sauce, link above.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400F.
- First slice all of your vegetables into thin slices. Cut your zucchini in to thin 1/4 inch rounds. Sice your protobello mushrooms in to thin rounds too, start slicing at the cap. They won’t all be even, it’s okay!
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, when it comes to temperature add in the fat and minced garlic cloves. Next add in the ground lamb. Break up with a spatula or whisk. Add in the salt and herbs. Cook, stirring often until browned.
- Add in the vinegar, and let it reduce. Keep stiring until well browned. Then remove from heat and set aside.
- Drizzle a little olive oil in your ramekins, then add your best portobello slice to the bottom. Sprinkle with salt. Spoon in a little lamb, spoon in some alfredo sauce, then add in some frehs basil.
- Next in a circular pattern layer the zucchini rounds over the lamb. Gently press down. Sprinkle a little salt, add in another layer of portobello. Next some more alfredo, then lamb and zucchini. Finish off with a little salt, olive oil and basil. Repeat with the next ramekin.
- Use your best judgement with the shape and thickness of your veggies so that your layers are as even as possible. Flattening the laters with a spoon after each time helps with this. Little touches go a long way. A sprinkle of salt and herbs, a drizzle of olive oil.
- Remember you veggies will shrink when they cook, so it’s okay if your lasanga is towering outside of your ramekins before baking.
- Place the ramekins on a sheet pan before placing in the oven, they will bubble over a bit. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let them cool a little before handling. You can eat them out of the ramekins or run a knife around the edge and swiflty turn out on to a plate. Garnish with extra basil. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
Keywords: AIP Lasagna