Flourless Avocado Brownies
cakey yet fudgy flourless brownies! READ TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION BEFORE MAKING THESE!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 40
- 2 large eggs
- 1 medium, ripe, hass avocado (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup melted ghee (lard or coconut oil)
- 3-4 tbsp unsweetened, unsalted almond butter (or sunflower seed butter for nut-free)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Swerve (erythritol) or preferred granulated sweetener (coconut palm, maple sugar etc)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup low carb chocolate chips or chopped up chocolate
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Line a small baking dish (I used a 5×7 Pyrex or a loaf pan) with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your blender or food processor combine all of the ingredients.
- Blend om medium, low power until just smooth. No more than 40 seconds.
- Use a spatula to transfer the batter to the baking dish and smooth it out evenly.
- Top with fun things. I’m partial to chocolate chips!
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. If you’re using a metal baking dish it could be less time. Check it after 20 minutes. It’s done when the top begins to crack and it has turned a deep brown color. Use a toothpick to check the center, if it comes out crumbly, but not streaked you’re good.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes before handling.
- Pick it up, carefully, by the parchment paper and set it on a cutting board.
- Cut into 8 squares! Enjoy!
- Store in Tupperware…. or the same Pyrex where you baked it with a lid on, room temp. It will stay fresh for a few days. Putting it in the fridge will make it hard.
READ THE TROUBLESHOOTING SECTION ABOVE BEFORE ATTEMPTING THE RECIPE, THANKS!
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 152
- Sugar: (alcohols) 4.5g
- Fat: 13.8g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1.73
- Protein: 3.9g