Turmeric Parm Chicken, Kale & Zoodle Salad with Greek Vinaigrette
SpoonForkBacon blog shared a roasted chickpea and kale salad with tahini dressing the other day, and piles of Parmesan on top… not going to lie… it got me jonesing for some cheese. I steer clear of lactose, but most aged or hard cheeses are lactose free… so technically I could eat cheese all the time. I don’t though, I don’t want to open the flood gates, lol… you know what I’m talking about it! So… I indulge every now and then.
I looked this up, lactose is the sugar in cheese. Most aged and/or hard cheeses have little to no sugar and as such … no lactose. Whoot Whoot! Meals like this are the perfect in for this salty goodness. You don’t need a lot. No brainer… I baked it on the chicken… because melted cheese is always better than regular cheese. Fact.
All The Goodies!
The combination of greens, each with it’s own flavor, texture and nutritional benefit. Fresh basil, because when you’ve got parm, you need basil. Crunchy pecans. Absolutely robust and tangy Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette. This baby is heavy on the oregano and oh so good. Then the piece de resistance… turmeric seasoning boneless skinless chicken thighs, heavy on the garlic, tossed in olive oil with real salt and baked to juicy perfection. Then a layer of crispy, salty Parmesan bubbling on top! Boom. Layer it all together and bite into heaven.
- The Chicken
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp real salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/4 cup aged grated parmesean (see notes for diary free options)
- The Salad
- 1 zucchini
- 1 heart of romaine
- 4 cups baby kale
- 1 cup pitted ripe green olives
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen Greek Vinaigrette
- Pre-heat your oven to 400F.
- On a sheet pan toss your chicken thigh with all the seasoning then the olive oil.
- Spread them out, laying each flat on the sheet pan, not overlapping.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Open the oven and carefully sprinkle a little cheese over each chicken thigh.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
- While the chicken bakes, prepare your salads.
- Start with the zoodles, spiralize or shave your zucchini into noodles. Sprinkle with salt and lay flat on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Tear your romaine leaves into small pieces by hand (helps boost nutritional value)!
- Pick your basil leaves from the stems.
- Prepare four plates, each with a little kale, lettuce and zoodle.
- Add some pecans, olives and basil to each dish.
- Lightly sprinkle with a little salt, pepper and Parmesan.
- When the chicken is ready, serve 1-2 thighs per plate.
- Drizzle with dressing and dig in!
- You may use Nutritional Yeast or Nutty Cheese. For the nutty cheese grind up 1/2 cup cashews with 3 garlic cloves and 1/2 tsp salt until crumbly.