Easy Paleo Carbonara (Whole30, Keto, Ready in 15 minutes)
When I first created this recipe, I did so for a sponsored post for Dorot, using their little cubes of frozen crushed ginger. I will say, those little cubes make QUICK work for this meal. Here’s a tip for peeling and garlic cloves in no time.
Dismantle the head of garlic on your work area, use your fingers to separate the cloves from the laters of dried outter lining. Bring you trash bin up the the counter and swipe away all the peels.
Line up your garlic cloves in a row and use the side of your knife to firmly smash them down. Then pick the peels off each clove and discard it. Pile up your garlic in the center of your cutting board and micne it all up.
Put your bacon to cook while you peel the garlic, being efficient in the kitchen is all about timing, and prep!
Use frozen cauliflower and have your yolk ready to go.
I promise, this simple quick dish is sooo worth it!
Paleo Cauliflower Carbonara
- 3-4 cups of frozen riced cauliflower
- 8 slices bacon
- 6 cubes garlic cloves (or 6 Dorot Cubes)
- 1 tbsp dried Italian Herb seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cashew creamer (or coconut cream for a nut free version)
- 2-3 egg yolks (1 per serving)
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Use a sharp knife or kitchen sheers to cut bacon int 1/2 inch pieces.
- When the skillet is hot, add the bacon to the skillet.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the bacon is mostly crispy, about 6 minutes.
- Carefully drain SOME of the rendered bacon fat out of the skillet (save for something else).
- Pop in 4-6 Dorot garlic cubes. Stir well until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add in the cauliflower rice, salt and dried herbs.
- Stir well until rice is thawed out and any liquid it released evaporated.
- Add in the cream.
- When it begins to simmer, in a minutes or so, it will thicken quickly, stir well until well combined and creamy.
- Serve while hot.
- Top each serving with a fresh egg yolk and mix in. The hot cauliflower risotto with cook the raw yolk.
- The result is a delicious, creamy dish that everyone will love.
- No fuss, no grains, no dairy. Garnish with fresh herbs. I love basil on it!
- If you don’t like cauliflower use zoodles instead. For zoodles, add them in at the end. Cook the bacon with the garlic and herbs. Add in the cashew cream and make a thick sauce. Add in the zoodles at the very end. Toss lightly in sauce and serve.
- *Remember to zoodles and salt your zucchini prior to using to they don’t release too much fluid into your dish.
- other Dorot products (cilantro, basil & ginger) contain corn starch, please read labels if you have any food allergies. The garlic however does not contain any corn or grain
You might also like these recipes: