Perfect cookies for breakfast!
- 1 yellow banana
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 heaping tbsp unsweetened almond butter (smooth or crunchy, well mixed)
- 1 large egg
- 1 scoop Rootz Paleo Superfood Protein (*changed from 2 scoops to 1 since the scoop got bigger)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of coarse sea salt
- 1/2 heaping cup of chocolate chips, or chocolate bar (with espresso!)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 325F convection bake (or 350F bake).
- In a bowl add in the peeled banana and use a fork to mash it.
- Add in the coconut oil, almond butter, vanilla extract, and the egg.
- Mix well, until mostly smooth.
- Add in the protein powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate, and pecans and fold them in.
- Use a nonstick baking sheet or line with parchment paper.
- The batter will be dark in color because of the protein, but when they bak they will be caramel color with a slight green tinge.
- Drop tablespoons of soft cookie dough 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until they brown lightly.
- Let cool. Use a thin spatula to scrape off the sheet pan.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
Keywords: protein shake cookies