Indian Butter Chicken made nightshade free and with ghee.
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Redmon Real Salt
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 1/2 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp Tin Star Foods Ghee
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp beef gelatin (optional, if using cashew milk/broth don’t use it)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- Peel and slice your onion. Mince the garlic. Peel and slice the ginger.
- Open your pressure cooker and heat on saute mode. Add in the ghee.
- Add in the onion, garlic, ginger and bay leaves.
- Saute until tender and aromatic (5-6 minutes).
- Add in the chicken, all the spices and salt. Stir well.
- Add in the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and cinnamon stick.
- Stir well. Cook, moving occasionally until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add in the coconut milk, stir and bring to a simmer.
- Cancel the saute function. Stir in the gelatin.
- Close the lid and set to pressure cook: poultry mode. Mine takes about 20 minutes.
- When it’s done, release the pressure manually.
- Open the lid and cancel the pressure cooker mode, set to reduce or saute mode.
- Stir in the chopped almonds and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with chopped cilantro on top.
- This goes great with cauliflower rice, mashed sweet potatoes and crispy plantains!
- To make this AIP use coconut oil or avocado instead. Omit the cumin, black pepper and garam masala. Use 2 tablespoons turmeric, 1 tablespoon ground ginger and 1 tablespoon garlic powder. Leave out the almonds.
- Serving Size: 1/5 recipe
- Calories: 446
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 39g
Keywords: Pressure Cooker Indian Butter Chicken