Holiday Side Dish!
- 2 tbsp Whole Foods Market Almond Oil
- 2 bags 365 Everyday Value Organic Frozen Riced Cauliflower
- 1/2 bag 365 Everyday Value Organic Frozen Peas
- 1 container Whole Foods Market Green Beans
- 1 cup Whole Foods Market Chopped Pecans
- 1.5 cups Whole Foods Market Organic dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (I used Braggs)
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt, more to taste
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
- In a large pot heat almond oil on high heat.
- Open your cauliflower rice bags and add it to the pot. Use a spatula to break up any large chunks. Add in half a bag of peas. Stir in the salt and apple cider vinegar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the vegetables are begin to release liquid. At this point add in half of the green beans, about 2 heaping cups. You can break them in half to make them even smaller if you prefer.
- Stir them in. Cover the pot with a lid and lower the heat to medium.
- In about 3 minutes, remove the cover, add in the cranberries.
- Remove the thyme leaves from the sprigs by gently holding the tip of sprig with one hand, place two fingers at the top with the other hand and with some pressure run your fingers down the stem, releasing the little leaves. Add the leaves to the pot. Mix in.
- Add in the pecans. Bring the heat up to high again, cook stirring often for two minutes until everything is well incorporated.
- Remove from heat. Pick the leaves off of your mint sprigs and finely mince them.
- Mix into the pilaf and serve immediately.
- *This can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator up to two days. To heat place in an oven safe dish and cover with foil. Heat at 300F for ten to fifteen minutes. If making ahead do not add the mint until ready to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
Keywords: Cauliflower Rice Pilaf