Bacon wrapped turkey breast – family favorite!
- 1 Turkey Breast, aprx 4lbs (boneless or bone-in)
- 1 pack pastured bacon, thick cut
- 1 tbsp Tin Star Foods Ghee or Coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Primal Palate AIP Breakfast Blend
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 6 mini apples (whole) or 3 gala apples (halved)
- Remove the skin from your turkey breast. This step is optional, but since the turkey is wrapped in bacon the skin doesn’t crisp under it and I don’t like soggy turkey skin.
- Rub the turkey breast down with the seasoning blend and salt.
- Rub in the ghee, the vinegar and fish sauce.
- Cover, and set in the fridge. After two hours, flip the turkey breast over, and set back in the fridge for another two hours.
- Set your turkey out so it’s not super cold while the oven pre-heats.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425F.
- Set your turkey in a oven safe pan or cast iron pan, breast side up.
- Arrange bacon slices over the breast, wrap them tightly and so they almost overlap.
- Wrap two or three under the bottom and around the front.
- Place the apples all around the base of the turkey.
- Pour the remaining marinade that is left in the bowl all over the turkey and apples.
- Set in the oven, roast at 425F convection for 20 minutes.
- Then lower the heat to 300F and roast for another 25 minutes or until the turkey is cooked.
- Let is rest for 5-10 minutes after removing from the oven before carving.
- Cooking time (and serving size) will vary depending on the size of the breast, a five pound breast may take up to 60 minutes total cooking time. If you are unsure of the size of your breast or cooking time, use a thermometer, and insert it into the thickest part of the breast all the way to the bone to check the temperature.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 61g
Keywords: bacon turkey