Vegan-ish, delish chocolate coconut macaroons
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cashew cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Truvia Nectar
- If you don’t already have cashew cream, make it!
- To make cashew cream: soak whole, raw cashews submerged in water for at least two hours. Rinse drain and then blend with filtered water until smooth. One to one ratio, i.e. one cup cashews per one cup water.
For the macaroons
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add in the wet ingredients and fold to combine.
- Using a two ounce scoop shape your macaroons.
- Set in the fridge to harden for at least thirty minutes.
- Serving Size: 1 macaroon
- Calories: 71
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: coconut chocolate macaroons