delicious crispy burgers with a Cuban flair
- 3 pounds ground pork
- 3 teaspoons fine salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (omit for AIP)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 large egg (omit for AIP, sub 1 tbsp gelatin)
- 1 bag of quality plantain chips (coconut oil fried)
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl thoroughly mix the pork and all the seasoning and the egg (or gelatin)
- In a food processor or blender pulse the plantain chips until large crumbles are formed.
- Pour the plantain crumbles into a medium bowl.
- Place a cooling rack, or broil rack over a sheet pan and set it next to your plantain bowl. You need a rack to let any liquid that may be released from the patties to drain so they stay crispy.
- Shape your pork into 4-ounce patties, and press them down in the plantain crumbles on each side before setting on the rack.
- This will make 12-14 patties.
- Bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes.
- I love these over romaine salad with mojo, avocado and cilantro! Yum!
- Serving Size: 1 patty
Keywords: plantain crusted Cuban Burger