We often lump herbs and spices into a category of tasty things to make our food flavorful. These whole food seasonings are FOOD! Herbs pack lots of great nutrition. Did you know that Mint, Basil and Cilantro score the highest on the ANDI scale. Ok, I had to google that, so an ANDI score is a number given to whole food ingredients to rate how many nutrients per calorie they have. These babies have the most! Talk about PACKED with goodness.
So I love this sauce because it’s tangy like chimichurri but has the nutty creamy aspect of a pesto. It packs all the herbs and even a hit of kale! It’s definitely one of those “put on all the things” condiments.
Bonus… nutrient density!
Pesto-Churri Super Green Sauce
- 1/2 a cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (more to taste)
- juice of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp salt (more to taste)
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4 garlic cloves
- I make this in the food processor and pulse all the ingredients to combine.
- I peel the garlic and give the kale a rough chop.
- I add the basil and mint leaves whole.
- Add in the oil and vinegar, lemon too.
- Then pulse everything together!
- Taste, adjust vinegar/salt.
- Store in a jar in the fridge up to two weeks!