Lemony & Crispy Beef – perfect for batch cooking!
- 2 pounds grass fed ground beef
- 2 tsp Real Salt, I used coarse salt
- 1/4 cup minced roasted lemon
- 2 tbsp Tin Star Cultured Ghee
- 2 large lemons
- parchment paper
- sheet pan
- See instructions above for roasting lemon. Do this ahead of time.
- In a large skillet or pot, heat ghee on high heat.
- When the skillet it hot add in the ground beef and begin to break up and stir with spatula.
- Mix and break up continuously until the beef is all broken up and crumbly.
- You don’t want any large chunks left.
- Add in the salt and the lemon.
- Stir well for another 2-3 minutes.
- Keep cooking another 10 minutes on high heat, stirring occasionally.
- If the beef releases liquid, cook until all the liquid has evaporated and meat turns a dark brown color.
- Stir well a few more minutes, the beef should be sizzling, a shiny, dark brown color with crispy bits, very crumbly and broken down.
- Remove from heat and serve or let cool and store for later use!
- Goes great with fresh cilantro! Perfect for taco bowls or eggs!
How to Roast Lemon
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400F
- Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Slice lemon and arrange in a single layer on parchment paper.
- Roast for 30 minutes. Let cool before handling.
- Serving Size: 1/8 recipe
- Calories: 233
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Protein: 22
Keywords: Crisp Lemon Ground Beef