Grain free, blender batter pancakes!
- 2 large GREEN plantains (3 if they are small)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup (more for serving)
- 2 tbsp grain-free flour of choice (I use Otto”s, but tapioca, almond or tigernut work too!)
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Ghee, butter, fruit, etc for topping!
- Peel your plantain. Cut off each end, and make a slit in the peel lengthwise then open the skin and peel it outwards and back. The greener the plantain, the harder to peel.
- Cut into a few pieces and add it to the blender with eggs, maple syrup, salt, baking soda, and grain-free flour.
- Cover blender and turn on low. Gradually increase the speed until the batter is moving. Blend until all the better completely smooth.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle on medium-low heat.
- Grease your skillet lightly. Pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. Cook 3-4 minutes per side. LOW AND SLOW, because plantain caramelized easily and you don’t want them to burn.
- Flip when the edges look done, cook another 1-2 minutes.
- The batter will make 6-8 pancakes. you can also halve the recipe and it works great for a mini stack 🙂
- Serving Size: 2 pancakes
Keywords: Paleo Plantain Pancakes