Perfect for breakfast or an appetizer – low carb zucchini fritters
- 1 cup zoodles (zucchini noodle)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sliced almond
- 2 tbsp Tin Star Foods ghee
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- Prepare zoodles ahead of time.
- Lay out on a clean kitchen towel, sprinkle with salt and let them lose liquid for 30 minutes. Remove from kitchen towel, bunch up and place in another clean towel, wrap it up and squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible.
- (You can do this a day ahead, and leave it wrapped in a towel in the fridge).
- Mix salt, mustard powder, almond meal, sesame seeds & sliced almonds on a plate.
- In a bowl, whisk your egg, you can add a pinch of salt and pepper to your egg too.
- Heat a skillet on medium high, melt a spoonful of ghee in it.
- Make 4 small mounds with your zoodles.
- You can use the long strings go your advantage and make little knots with them.
- One at a time, dredge your zucchini bunches in the egg, then thoroughly in the almond mix. Place on the hot skillet.
- Cook on medium high for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown and flip over.
- I cooked one at a time as not to crowd the skillet or burn any.
- You will be able to smell the almond toasting when they are getting too dark.
- Add more ghee to the skillet as needed for cooking.
- Remove fritters with spatula after 2-3 minutes a side, they should hold together really well and he toasted and firm.
- Place on a paper towel.
- I mixed paleo mayo, mustard, lemon & cilantro for a tangy dipping sauce!
- Serving Size: 4 fritters
- Calories: 532
- Fat: 49g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 15.9
Keywords: Low Carb Zucchini Fritters