Cheesy Chicken and Zoodles in your Instant Pot
- 1.5lb boneless, skinless thighs
- 1.5 tbsp Tin Star brown butter ghee, use tallow for AIP
- 1.5–2 cups sliced leeks (or sweet onion)
- 2 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 4 garlic cloves (or 1 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp Great Lakes Beef gelatin
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian herb blend *rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil, sage
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe
- a fist full of greens (arugula, baby kale, spinach)
- extra ghee (or other cooking fat) and salt for vegetables
- optional: 2 slices prosciutto or bacon
- Heat pressure cooker in saute mode, add in the ghee (or tallow).
- As it heats, slice and add leeks, carrots and garlic to the pressure cooker.
- You don’t have to give them a proper browning, but this way the leek caramelize a bit before hand.
- Once all the veggies are in, add in the vinegar, then the herbs, the chicken and lastly the yeast and beef gelatin.
- Stir well.
- Set to pressure cook, poultry mode.
- My pressure cooker takes about 25 minutes.
- In that time spiralize 2 zucchini, spread the zoodles out over kitchen towels and sprinkle with salt.
- Cover with paper towel and pat down. Set aside.
- Mince a few cloves garlic.
- Dice up some broccoli or broccoli rabe and saute in a skillet on high heat with more ghee (or tallow).
- Stir often until the edges are browned, you can also add some prosciutto or bacon to the mix.
- Turn heat down and add a fist full of greens (spinach, kale or arugula). Mix in.
- When wilted, remove from heat. Sprinkle with salt.
- When chicken is done & pot has released pressure, remove the insert from the pressure cooker and set it under a fan to cool off a bit, at this point you can also shred the chicken carefully with a fork.
- You don’t want it to get cold, but as the sauce cools it will thicken to a gravy like consistency (like melted cheese!).
- Toss zoodles and broccoli mix in a large bowl.
- Spoon chicken over vegetables generously.
- Use tongs to plate it.
- Serves 4!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 381
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 45g
Keywords: Pressure Cooker Cheesy Chicken & Zoodles, Paleo, Whole30, AIP, Keto