Bun-less Paleo Burger (Keto, Whole30)
- 2 lbs pastured ground beef
- 1 tbsp ground shiitake mushroom powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- In a food processor pulse together the shiitake powder, black pepper, cumin, onion, salt, olive oil and vinegar. It will make a chunky paste.
- In a large bowl, mix this chunky paste with the beef until well combined.
- Use a large 4oz ice cream scoop to shape your patties.
- Make the scoop, then press it down, smoothing out the sides until it’s about an inch thick. Make an indent in the center with your thumb (so they cook evenly and don’t become meatballs).
- Place them on a cutting board or sheet pan, spinkle with a little garlic powder and cilantro.
- Heat your grill to 450F, closed.
- Have coconut oil spray and a spatula at the ready.
- Spray your burgers with coconut oil.
- Place your burgers on the grill, towards the back, oiled side down.
- Keep the lid open.
- Set timer for 3 minutes.
- Spray the burgers again with coconut oil and flip them over.
- Cook another 3-5 minutes until desired doneness.
- Remove from heat, and take to the kitchen to assemble.
- I like to set out my assembly area ahead of time.
- Serving Size: 1 burger
- Calories: 376
- Fat: 23
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 47
Keywords: Bunless Paleo Burger