Marinated nightshade free Bihari Kababs
- 3 lbs tri-tip or beef tenderloin
- 2 large, ripe papaya
- 3 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 inch nub of ginger
- 1 cup coconut milk yogurt
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp coriander
- 1/2 tbsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- pinch of clove
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- Peel & slice your onion. Fry in a large skillet with coconut oil or ghee on medium heat until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set to drain & cool on paper towel lined sheet.
- Next in a large mortar with pestle or in your food processor: make a paste with onions. Add in spices, salt etc and mix well to combine.
- Cut your meat in to 1/4 inch thin strips, place in large bowl or container; add in onion + seasoning paste. Mix well. Add in yogurt. Mix well. Set in the fridge for 8 hours, covered. After 8 hours, remove marinating meat from the fridge.
- Cut papayas in half, seed & then spoon out papaya meatintoo the marinating mix. Mix thoroughly with clean hands. Leave out, marinating and coming to room temperature for an hour.
- Prepare a sheet pan, line with foil or parchment paper. Place rack over it.
- Thread meat slices on the skewers & arrange on the prepared sheet pan with rack. In the oven, place a rack all the way to the top. Pre-heat broiler to 425F.
- When the oven is hot, place kebabs on the top rack. Cook for 4-5 minutes. Carefully, open the oven and turn the kababs over. Cook another 5 minutes. Done! If you like your meat a little more well done, you can cook it up to 15 minutes, anymore and it won’t be as tender.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 600
- Fat: 30g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 50g
Keywords: Nightshade Free Bihari Kebab