Savory Meat Cupcakes!
- 1lb ground dark meat turkey
- 2 slices bacon, I use Penderson’s Natural Farms
- 2 tsp AIP curry mix: turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, onion, garlic)
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup coconut milk yogurt or coconut cream
- 2 medium Okinawa sweet potatoes
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp bacon fat
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp beef gelatin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 7 asparagus spears
- Bring a pot of water to boil & preheat the oven to 375F
- Peel potatoes & garlic cloves. Add potatoes & garlic to the boiling water, let them boil until tender.
- It will take about 30 minutes, in that time prep the rest of the dish.
- Mince bacon. In a large bowl mix together turkey, seasoning, coconut yogurt, salt & bacon.
- Grease a muffin tin, just 6-7 molds. Distribute turkey mix evenly in the 6 or 7 cups, fill them up to the top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until internal temperature reads 165F
- At this time also put asparagus in the oven on a skillet with a little oil.
- Remove turkey & asparagus from oven.
- When potatoes are tender, drain all the water. Add potatoes, garlic cloves, bacon fat, coconut cream & salt to the bowl of a stand mixer. Whip with a paddle attachment until smooth.
- Carefully remove meat from molds, use a spatula to make them budge, if necessary.
- To decorate them, fill a piping sleeve, fitted with the large star tip with mashed potatoes.
- In a circular motion, while applying equal pressure to the piping bag, “frost” your meat cakes.
- Garnish with asparagus tips!
- Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Keywords: meat cupcakes