My mother was always famous for her salads. So much so, that her first restaurant was called Yerba Buena, which translates to Good Grass… it’s also the Spanish name for peppermint, the herb used to make Mojitos! It was the perfect name for her cafe. In my house salads were lush, colorful & flavorful. I only wish I had learned to appreciate them earlier in life. Like most things I know how to do, I learned the anatomy of a salad from my mother. This is a beautiful take on the Cobb Salad. A Composed Cobb Salad. Which means all the components are plated separately, mostly for looks!
Once the pictures are taken, I always take a knife and fork to my beautiful plates & chop chop chop. I love mixing all the ingredients so every bit has a little bit of each component. But putting down a large platter with this beautifully composed cobb salad during brunch is sure to get you a lot of “oohs, and aaahhhs”!
Looking for more free recipes?
Breakfast Cobb Salad (Paleo, Whole30)
- 1/4 cup cashew cream
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 squeeze of lemon
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 6 asparagus
- 6 slices bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 ripe pear
- salt + pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Trim your asparagus & starting at the bottom wrap each stem with a slice of bacon, do this in a winding, slanting motion so the bacon does not overlap on the asparagus, yet wraps in tightly.
- Place asparagus flat on sheet pan & place in oven while it preheats. When the oven reaches 400F, check on your bacon, it will probably need another 8-10 minutes.
- Bring a small pot of water with salt to boil. Place the 4 eggs gently in the boiling water. Set a timer for 7 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your veggies.
- Arrange a cup of baby spinach on each place, the cut your butter lettuce head in half, you can serve it whole for visual effect or chop it up.
- Halve your pear lengthwise, seed and slice each half in even slices. Fan out arrange and 1/2 a pear on each plate.
- Halve the avocado, cut the side without the seed in half again & remove the skin, begin peeling it downward with fingers from the top.
- If the peel doesn’t come off whole, gently remove the rest in pieces. Place your avocado quarter on its side on the cutting board & carefully slice in thin, even slices. Fan out and arrange on one plate, repeat with the other quarter & add to the second plate.
- Remove asparagus from oven & place 3 bacon wrapped spears on each salad.
- When eggs are done, drain & place under cold running water. Carefully peel each egg. Cut each egg in half, then distribute them evenly between the salads.
- Sprinkle with salt + pepper.
- whisk together the cashew cream, coconut milk, lemon, mustard & cilantro.
- * If you make the bacon wrapped asparagus, hard boiled eggs & dressing a head of time this beauty comes together in under 10 minutes!
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
- Calories: 449
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 25g
Keywords: Breakfast Cobb Salad