I started my third Whole30 yesterday! I truly love Whole30’s. Although most of my meals are whole foods, I do have a weak spot for paleo-fied treats. I know some people can eat them all the time and feel their best. That’s not me. I definitely feel my best when eating nutrient dense meals like this Whole30 Ahi Tuna Salad.
Whole30’s bring me back to being satisfied with simpler, cleaner meals. This Whole30 I’m focusing on nutrient density, I am using chronometer (thanks Eileen!) to track my nutrients, In 2 days, I’ve already noticed that I’m not eating enough calcium & iron. Also, that I need more omega 3. Enter, this amazing Whole30 Ahi Tuna salad.
Strawberries are back in season & I’m in love all over again. These were especially juicy & sweet. Did you know, strawberries help curb sugar cravings? Win!!!This salad was as flavorful as it was colorful! I love ahi tuna because it cooks up so easily, it’s not super fishy & it’s nice and fatty! I dressed it with lemon & olive oil, but ACV Vin would be great on this too!
Looking for more free recipes?
Whole30 Ahi Tuna Salad
- 4oz Ahi Tuna Steak, wild caught, sashimi grade
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2–3 cups butter lettuce
- 2 sprigs mint
- 1/2 haas avocado
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Heat a cast iron skillet on high heat.
- Sprinkle ahi steak with garlic powder & salt.
- When skillet is hot place ahi on it. Turn every 2 minutes.
- Cook on all flat sides evenly.
- Remove from skillet & set it to rest while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Arrange butter lettuce on a plate, drizzle with olive oil & lemon juice. Sprinkle with salt.
- Peel & slice avocado. To get a really pretty avocado: Remove the seed, peel that skin off then place it open side down on the cutting board. Slice in across the width in 1/8 inch slices. Then gently use fingers to slant the slices to once side. Slide knife under the avocado & pick it all up and place it on the plate.
- Next sprinkle your sliced strawberries over your greens.
- Pick whole mint leaves off the sprigs and add these to the plate too!
- With a very sharp knife, slice your tuna against the grain & arrange over salad.
- Serve with extra lemon.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 345
- Fat: 21
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 30
Keywords: whole30 ahi tuna salad