I love simple side dishes like this. An array of texture, flavors & colors simply seasoned. This Rustic Roasted Vegetable Medley consists of brussels sprouts, Japanese sweet potato, beetroot, jicama and onion.
This mix is starchy and sweet. Hints of spices and herbs. It roasts at a high temp to get a good caramelization on the vegetables. I also love leaving the roots with some of the greens attached. Like the beets, add some crunchy texture.
This rustic roasted vegetable medley is perfect for holiday tables, or weeknight dinner. You can even prep it ahead of time and serve it all week. Great with roasts or with a fried egg on top. You really can’t go wrong with a sheet pan of roasted veggies!
Looking for more free recipes?
Delicious combination of roasted veggies!
- 1 medium-sized jicama
- 4 small beets
- 1/2 Japanese sweet potato
- 1 medium celeriac root
- 1 onion
- 2 cups brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp ghee, melted
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp Italian herb blend
- 2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Peel your jicama, and dice into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Peel onion & cut into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Peel celeriac & cut into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Cut Brussels sprouts in to quarters.
- Dice sweet potato into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Cut greens of beets, cut into quarters.
- Transfer all the vegetables to a full-size sheet pan.
- Pour ghee-coconut oil mix over the vegetables, then the seasoning.
- Toss thoroughly.
- Transfer 1/2 of the veggies to the second sheet pan and spread them out.
- Place in oven and roast for 40 minutes.
- Turn off oven, but leave them in there without opening oven for 10 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Beautiful crunchy, caramelized vegetables!
Keywords: rustic roasted vegetables