Egg free, AIP/ low carb breakfast
What you’ll need:
- 2 large pots
- 4 12-16 oz ramekins
- 2–3 Japanese sweet potato (or 2 cups riced cauliflower)
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 8 slices bacon (sugar, nightshade free)
- 2 cups cauli-fredo (or cashew cream)
- 2 cups raw whole cashews + water to soak + 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 head cauliflower (about 2 cups diced)
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 inch nub of fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, full fat, creamy part
- 1/2 cup broth
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Place cashews in container & cover with water, mix in salt.
- Soak 3-4 hours. Drain & rinse, drain again.
- Then mix with remaining ingredient list in vitamix, blend until smooth.
- Use prod to keep it moving.
- Don’t stop when it’s almost smooth and you still see little grains, you want it silky!
- Store in airtight container in fridge, up to a week. Makes about 2 cups.
- Dice the onion, mince the garlic, ginger, dice the cauliflower. Do not mix, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pot heat coconut oil. Add in onion, ginger & garlic.
- Sauté for 6 minutes.
- Add in cauliflower. Stir occasionally for 6 minutes.
- Add in 1/2 cup broth, 1/2 cup coconut cream, 2 tbsp lemon juice, pinch salt.
- Stir. Lower heat. Cover.
- Simmer until cauli is fork tender.
- Transfer to a blender, blend until smooth. Makes 1/2 quart. Store in the fridge.
- Put it on all the things!
- Peel sweet potato, then grate it using a cheese grater or grater attachment of food processor.
- (alternatively, grate or rice the cauliflower now)
In 4, medium sized, oven safe, ramekins build your pot pies
- 1st layer: 1/2 cup riced sweet potato (or cauliflower)
- 2nd layer: 1 cup chopped kale, you can also add cabbage, spinach etc.
- 3rd layer: 1/2 cup cauli-fredo, be sure to get it on top and on the sides of the kale (or cashew cream)
- 4th layer/ crust: Arrange 2 slices of bacon, cut in half, to 4 short slices on across the top & tuck in the sides… you can also use prosciutto, or if you don’t do pork, crack 2 eggs on the the top & they will bake right on!
- Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes, until bacon is at desired crispiness.
- Serving Size: 1 ramekin
- Calories: 646
- Fat: 40
- Carbohydrates: 53
- Fiber: 22
- Protein: 24
Keywords: egg free breakfast pot pie