PRESSURE COOKER, CHICKEN WITH ORANGE AND HERBS!
- 4 pastured chicken breasts
- 4 blood oranges (or regular oranges)
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp lemon zest or lemon zest seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- Halve & squeeze oranges into a bowl, set aside.
- Slice onion into thin slices, mince garlic.
- Set pressure cooker to saute.
- Add in cooking fat, onion & garlic, cook stirring occasionally until tender.
- Add in chicken breasts, coconut aminos, orange juice & seasoning. Not cilantro!
- Close pressure cooker & set to pressure cook, poultry setting. Let it do it’s thang.
- When it’s done release the pressure manually. Open it up (insert Star Wars sound effects).
- Remove chicken and transfer to a large bowl.
- Then set cooker to reduce and simmer the liquid for a few minutes while you pull chicken.
- Use two forks to shred chicken. Fine chop the cilantro and toss with shredded chicken then add in the reduced liquid.
- Serving Size: 1 breast
Keywords: pressure cooker orange chicken