Shakshuka without nightshades
- 1 large sweet onion
- 2 heads garlic
- 3 medium carrots
- 2–3 cups no-mato sauce
- 1/2 cup bone broth
- 5 leaves dino kale
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- pink himalayan salt to taste
- 2 tbsp chimichurri (optional)
- Cut carrots & onion in long thin strips, julienne. Mince garlic, remove stems from kale & set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large, deep skillet. Add in onion, carrots, garlic & bay leaves. Saute on medium until onions are tender.
- Add in no-mato sauce & seasoning, let it simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in bone broth, especially if it’s getting too thick. Layer the kale over the sauce mixture, let them wilt a little. Do not mix in. Crack eggs into skillet and cover with a lid partially.
- Let it simmer until the egg whites are no longer translucent.
- Garnish as desired.
- If you do dairy, go ahead and crumble a little feta, if not I highly recommend the chimichurri.
- Serve alone, with cauli rice or roasted sweet potato 🙂 Dazzle everyone at brunch.
- Serving Size: 1/2 recipe
Keywords: nightshade free shakshuka