Cardamom Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies ♥
Yes, please! Cardamom is an aromatic seed bases spice that is common is winter recipes. The addition of Cardamom to these chocolate chip cookies adds a delicious flavor and aroma that screams HOLIDAY SEASON!
These Cardamom Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies are grain free, gluten free and made without refined sugar. It’s a flexible recipe that works with almost any paleo flour combiation although these are the two I reccomend:
Looking for more free recipes?
Delicious grain free cookies
- 2 cups SIFTED flour (I use paleo flour, Otto’s Cassava Flour or a mix of coconut, almond & tapioca flour)
- 1.5 cup Kerry Gold Butter or Spectrum Fair Trade palm oil shortening
- 2 pastured eggs, room temp
- 1 vanilla bean scrapping
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp gluten free baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups maple sugar (or granulated sweetener of choice)
- 1 1/2 bag Enjoy Life chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together flour mix, cinnamon, cardamom, baking soda, salt.
- Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream fat & sugar, then add in eggs one at a time. Lastly, vanilla.
- Once well combined…
- Add in flour mix little by little.
- When fully incorporated add in chocolate.
- Set dough in the fridge for an hour.
- Use 2oz scoop to shape cookies.
- Set 2 in apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool before handling.
- Dough will bake about 24 cookies.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
Keywords: cardamon spiced chocolate chip cookies