a delicious cauliflower or paleo soup!
- 2 cups diced cauliflower (or 4 cups if you’re omitting the sweet potato)
- 2 cups diced Japanese sweet potato (optional)
- 15 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup bacon fat (ghee or tallow)
- 4 cups bone broth
- First, prep your vegetables. Peel all of your garlic, chop up your cauliflower, peel & dice your potato.
- Heat bacon fat in pot, add in all of the garlic. Lower heat to medium.
- Cook until golden and tender, about 8 minutes, careful not to burn it, lower heat if needed.
- Once your garlic is golden, add in cauliflower, sweet potato & rosemary. Stir well.
- Add in water or broth and the rest of the seasoning. Stir. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- VERY carefully transfer your soup to a blender, you will have to do it in two batches, so have jars or a bowl ready.
- Fasten blender lid and use a kitchen towel to hold it down. Blend on high until smooth. Pour into bowl.
- Blend the rest and transfer it all back to the pot.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring.
- IF you want a thicker soup, you can reduce it at this point until desired consistency.
- Taste, adjust seasoning.
- Serve with bacon! & rosemary garnish.
- Serving Size: 12 ounces
Keywords: Creamy Rosemary Garlic Soup