I love thick soups, purees. The way they coat the mouth or anything you dip in them, warm and filling and comforting, they are definitely my favorite kind of soup. This AIP Creamy Garlic Soup hits the spot!
AIP on a Budget
I’ve been extra careful to budget my groceries lately. The cost of living in Hawaii is catching up to us, and with my diet not being optional, we spend most of our money on food. To that end, I’m trying to save money! I’ve been cooking simpler meals, using fewer ingredients, whilst still making nutrient-dense foods, this soup is a great example of that! Bonus, Japanese sweet potatoes affordable and go a long way!
Looking for more free recipes?
a delicious cauliflower or paleo soup!
- 2 cups diced cauliflower (or 4 cups if you’re omitting the sweet potato)
- 2 cups diced Japanese sweet potato (optional)
- 15 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons salt, more to taste
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup bacon fat (ghee or tallow)
- 4 cups bone broth
- First, prep your vegetables. Peel all of your garlic, chop up your cauliflower, peel & dice your potato.
- Heat bacon fat in pot, add in all of the garlic. Lower heat to medium.
- Cook until golden and tender, about 8 minutes, careful not to burn it, lower heat if needed.
- Once your garlic is golden, add in cauliflower, sweet potato & rosemary. Stir well.
- Add in water or broth and the rest of the seasoning. Stir. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Let it simmer for 20 minutes or until the potato is tender.
- VERY carefully transfer your soup to a blender, you will have to do it in two batches, so have jars or a bowl ready.
- Fasten blender lid and use a kitchen towel to hold it down. Blend on high until smooth. Pour into bowl.
- Blend the rest and transfer it all back to the pot.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring.
- IF you want a thicker soup, you can reduce it at this point until desired consistency.
- Taste, adjust seasoning.
- Serve with bacon! & rosemary garnish.
- Serving Size: 12 ounces
Keywords: Creamy Rosemary Garlic Soup