Basil Chicken Meatballs with Caramelized Lemon & Grapes
This Whole30 has been a little different because I’m doing it within the confines of the already strict Autoimmune Protocol, with only eggs reintroduced so far. I have really had to dig deep to keep things interesting, and curb my cravings… especially since I made those AIP empanadas. No shame in my game. I have totally had empanada dreams.
Tonight’s dinner was so refreshing, fun & really just so visually appealing- it cheered me up and breathed new life in to week one of my January Whole30. Best part of this meal, it’s a part of the “one skillet wonder” club! Make sure to use a stove to oven safe skillet. I use my All-Clad, but cast iron would work great too.
- 1lb ground chicken
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 sprigs basil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp coconut flour
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pre- heat oven to 400F.
- Dice the onion, mince garlic, chop the basil & slice your lemon in to thin wedges.
- Do not mix your diced veggies.
- Heat olive oil in your skillet on medium heat, add in onion and lemon- stir occasionally until tender, aprx 8 minutes.
- In the meantime mix: garlic, turmeric, salt, pepper & ground chicken.
- Once well combined, add in an egg and the coconut flour.
- After well combined, shape in to 4 large meatballs.
- Add meatballs to the skillet, evenly spaced apart.
- Add grapes & place skillet in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- *You can also add other veggies to the skillet to beef up the meal, asparagus, yellow squash, sweet potato etc!