Yuca Flatbread, flaky, nut and egg free AIP bread
- 1.5–2 cups mashed boiled yuca, completely chilled.
- (I cooked mine a few days ahead, FROZE IT, then THAWED it out in the fridge 24 hours ahead, IMPORTANT FOR IT NOT TO BE STICKY)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- up to 1/4 cup water
- Preheat Oven to 375F
- Blend all ingredients, except water in Vitamix on medium to high and use prod to keep it moving. You can also do this in your food processor if it’s large enough! It will be easier to clean too!
- Add water a little bit at a time to get the mixture to move, only add as much as you need.
- Once there are no chunks left, scrape it out of blender on to a large piece of parchment paper.
- It won’t look like dough yet, just like white lumps and clumps. With your hands shape it into a ball. Use oiled or wet hands to handle the dough so it won’t stick to your hands.
- It should smooth out easily and not be too sticky.
- Use a second sheet of parchment paper on top of the ball, then with hands or rolling pin flatten the dough.
- Flatten into circle or square, about 1/4 inch thick.
- You may wet your hands if needed to smooth dough out.
- Move parchment paper with dough bread on it on to baking sheet. Remove the top sheet of parchment paper.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden and then flip, bake for another 15-20 minutes. (30-40 minutes total, but cooking time may vary depending on thickness or moisture in the dough).
- It shouldn’t stick to the paper at all. If it does, use a spatula to separate it. When done, slide off to a cutting board, let cool and cut up, top with yummies etc!
- I ate mine with vegan pesto of cashews, basil, avocado, garlic & olive oil. Amazing!
- *troubleshooting: if your dough is sticky, this usually results from too much liquid or yuca that was too warm, add in a spoonful of coconut flour while you knead until it’s not so sticky. Your dough won’t be flaky, but it will still get crispy.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Keywords: yuca flatbread