Delicious EASY liver pate!
- 1/4 cup duck fat or bacon fat (see variations above)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 pound liver (chicken or beef, diced)
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs, or 3 teaspoons fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- In a sauce pan or large skillet, on medium-low heat melt fat.
- Small dice onion, garlic & celery and add to skillet.
- Saute for 5 minutes until tender, moving often, then add in the mushrooms, if you are using them.
- Add in livers and cook stirring often for 8 minutes. Stir in the salt and herbs.
- You want the livers to remain pink in the middle.
- Add vinegar, stir and remove from heat.
- Carefully transfer all of it to a Vitamix blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to ramekins or mini mason jars.
- You can top with some bacon fat & more herbs.
- Will make aprx 18oz.
- Close lid tightly and refrigerate.
- What you won’t eat within 5 days, freeze.
- This pate can be eaten on the same day, but will be much better in a day or two!
- Serving Size: 1/18th of recipe
- Calories: 74
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 6
Keywords: EASY LIVER PATE