Sweet & Savory Pulled Pork
- 3lb pork shoulder
- 6oz No tomato marinara (recipe by Urban Poser) or regular marinara if you can eat tomatoes!
- 3 oz White Wine
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 sprigs fresh basil
- 1 very sweet, ripe pear (if you have a very rip pineapple, peach or nectarine you can use that too!)
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 3 lbs pork shoulder, bone in
- Rub meat down with salt, pepper, ginger, garlic, fruit & basil.
- Place in crock pot and throw onions on top, pour in liquids.
- In your crockpot: Cook on low for 3 hours & high for 3 hours.
- In dutch oven: Set oven to 325F, bring the pot to a simmer stove top, cover and place in oven and cook for 4 hours
- When’s it ready? When fork tender, that’ the best test. Take a fork to it and if the meat just falls off- you’re ready.
- Take two forks and in a criss-cross motion pull the meat apart and away from bone. This is best done on a sheet pan.
- Ladle sauce/liquid over the meat and serve immediately, or broil on high for a few minutes.
- We ate ours over brussel sprout & parsnip hash with avocado. It was delicious, juicy & so well balanced.