A good pulled pork recipe is a simple equation of sweet, acid and savory. This recipe brings that all together in a very simple way.
One of the first recipes on this blog, with only one iphone 5 image to show for it! I hope to get back to this recipe, which seems similar to my Slow Cooker Peach Pulled Pork. What can I say, Savory and Sweet flavors are my go to with pulled pork.
Looking for more free recipes?
Slow cooker pork recipe!
- 3lb pork shoulder
- 6oz No tomato marinara (recipe by Urban Poser) or regular marinara if you can eat tomatoes!
- 1/4 cup coconut vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 1 very sweet, ripe pear (if you have a very rip pineapple, peach or nectarine you can use that too!)
- 1 small sweet onion
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Rub meat down with salt, pepper, ginger, garlic and fruit.
- Place in crock pot and throw onions on top, pour in liquids.
- In your crockpot: Cook on high for 6 hours.
- In a dutch oven: Set oven to 325F, bring the pot to a simmer stove top, cover and place in oven and cook for 4 hours.
- When’s it ready? When fork tender, that’ the best test. Take a fork to it and if the meat just falls off- you’re ready.
- Take two forks and in a criss-cross motion pull the meat apart and away from the bone. This is best done on a sheet pan.
- Ladle sauce/liquid over the meat and serve immediately, or broil on high for a few minutes.
- We ate ours over brussel sprout & parsnip hash with avocado. It was delicious, juicy & so well balanced.
Keywords: sweet and savory pork