Date Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¾ cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup date sugar
- 1 cup softened grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp bourbon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 2 tsp almond milk (unsweetened)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chunks (Enjoy Life)
- Pre heat oven to 350F,
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix almond flour, tapioca, cream of tartar, baking powder, salt & cinnamon in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with paddle attachment cream together butter (or coconut oil) & date sugar on medium-high until incorporated and fluffy, add in eggs, vanilla & milk.
- Once well combined, lower speed & add in flour mix a little bit at a time.
- Once JUST combined add in chocolate chunks and fold in.
- Drop one rounded spoonful at a time, about 2 inches apart on your baking sheet.
- Will make 24+ cookies.
- Bake for 8-10minutes. Time will vary depending on your oven.
- Watch out for the smell, the date sugar caramelized fast and you don’t want them to burn.
- I only bake 6-10 cookies at a time & Tupperware the rest of the dough.
- When baking the chilled dough, use a small ice cream scoop to make rounded mounds and add a minute or two to the baking time.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 272
- Fat: 15
- Carbohydrates: 35
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
Keywords: Date Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookies